Built in 1855, the Evans home was the center of a Quaker family's life. Several homes were located up on the ridge and their mill was located down in the valley. For many years the Evans home was known for its warmth and hospitality. In the 1940's its transition was begun into the conference center of today.
The main floor has conference and meeting rooms, the dining room, and the kitchen area. The second floor has 7 bedrooms, with up to 13 overnight guests, sharing a dormitory bath and shower room, one for the women and another for the men. The third floor has a small meeting room or meditation room available for our guests, completed with a grant from Wayne County Foundation in the spring of 2010. High—speed wireless internet service is available in the Evans House.